Thread: Cloud vs. local rendering - cloud looks TERRIBLE!vd

Login to Give a bone

Default Cloud vs. local rendering - cloud looks TERRIBLE!vd

We have tried rendering several different projects both in the cloud and on a local machine. Every time, the cloud rendering, while very fast, looks AWFUL compared to the local machine rendering. Colors are way, way off. Trees render with this white "glow" effect that doesn't happen on a local machine rendering. Does the cloud rendering service use a different render engine or something? It's pretty freaking useless when your materials in the material editor end up looking nothing like that in the actual rendering of the building.

Even the "Best" quality render setting in the cloud produces terrible results.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cloud vs. local rendering - cloud looks TERRIBLE!vd

I'll second that. Must be a different render engine, check out rendered pool water. Yeah, definitely useless for paid professionals.

Login to Give a bone

you can send one to cloud for free if quality is standard and its less than 1000x1000 pixles so see if you like cloud or local better and for that project stick with that. but yea it's pretty *** how the cloud treats things so different

Login to Give a bone

The problem with sending to the adesk rendering cloud is that it is a different engine. So you will need a different set up. So if you're trying to set up your render, you'll need to only look at what you get from the cloud. I feel this is part of their ploy. You'll see in the future they will start to charge per render. Or maybe 5 free ones per seat or something. It's going to take you 5-7 tries to get anything that looks even close. I'd suggest skip using the cloud. Hit the render button before you leave and see what it looks like in the am. Better than sending it to the cloud only to get something that looks like **** after you've waited a few hours.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

In 4 or 5 steps you can just xref it into 3dsMax and change like 2 things and hit render. Its basically just as fast as the cloud and renders out even better than Revit without the mixed results.

http://mistressofthedorkness.blogspo...ng-render.html

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hello there, which cloud rendering service are you using? for render farm I use rebus and I have never experience such an issue, great live support and they have all of the main softwares, if you're open to an alternative this one might be yours

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexxpn_57801677 View Post
    Hello there, which cloud rendering service are you using? for render farm I use rebus and I have never experience such an issue, great live support and they have all of the main softwares, if you're open to an alternative this one might be yours
    Last edited by Wanderer; 2022-09-12 at 06:22 PM. Reason: as a spam and ad control measure, new users are not allowed to post links. Thank you for your understanding.