Thread: Please allow more than 4 Sorting/Grouping criteria in a Schedule

Wish List Administration

Default Please allow more than 4 Sorting/Grouping criteria in a Schedule

Summary: I wish there was a way to get more "Then By's" when Sorting a Revit Schedule.

Description: Often enough, 4 Levels of Sorting are not enough to control the more complex Schedules. Adding a few more would eliminate this obstacle we face, and would go a long way in having a more powerful and usable database. Even if you can code the program to allow 6 for now, it would help a lot.

Everyone else on the street is saying Excel functionality is the key - I agree and I'm saying it too. When Sorting, we should just be able to click the "Add Level" button and get as many "Then By's" as we need, just like Excel. Perhaps easier said than done... but that's one thing that I'd really like to have.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Other

Submitted By: Scott Ludwig on 06/07/2013

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Please allow more than 4 Sorting/Grouping criteria in a Schedule

Please allow more than 4 Sorting/Grouping criteria in a Schedule

Summary: I wish there was a way to get more "Then By's" when Sorting a Revit Schedule.

Description: Often enough, 4 Levels of Sorting are not enough to control the more complex Schedules. Adding a few more would eliminate this obstacle we face, and would go a long way in having a more powerful and usable database. Even if you can code the program to allow 6 for now, it would help a lot.

Everyone else on the street is saying Excel functionality is the key - I agree and I'm saying it too. When Sorting, we should just be able to click the "Add Level" button and get as many "Then By's" as we need, just like Excel. Perhaps easier said than done... but that's one thing that I'd really like to have.

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Please allow more than 4 Sorting/Grouping criteria in a Schedule

Please allow more than 4 Sorting/Grouping criteria in a Schedule

People on the street are saying Excel functionality is the key - I agree and I'm saying it too. 2014 Schedules took a good step forward and look a lot better (well done). But when Sorting, we should be able to click the "Add Level" button and get as many "Then By's" as we need, just like Excel. Perhaps easier said than done... but that's one thing that I'd really like to have.