Thread: Displaying pipe detail level by size? Is there any way to have REVIT display double line pipe for sizes over 4"?

Login to Give a bone

Default Displaying pipe detail level by size? Is there any way to have REVIT display double line pipe for sizes over 4"?

So has anyone figured out a way to display the detail level of piping based on the size of the pipe?
    What we'd like is to let's say have all pipe below 4" to ALWAYS display as single line even when the detail level is set to high?
    We'd like small pipe to be one-line only and larger pipe double line when the view detail level is set for "high"

I see there is a way to globally change the detail level in view settings, but this is for all pipe regardless of size.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Displaying pipe detail level by size? Is there any way to have REVIT display double line pipe for sizes over 4"?

Quote Originally Posted by wboyanton View Post
    So has anyone figured out a way to display the detail level of piping based on the size of the pipe?
    What we'd like is to let's say have all pipe below 4" to ALWAYS display as single line even when the detail level is set to high?
    We'd like small pipe to be one-line only and larger pipe double line when the view detail level is set for "high"

I see there is a way to globally change the detail level in view settings, but this is for all pipe regardless of size.
    I don't think anyone has found a way to do this short of creating 2 views and overlaying them on top of each other. It seems like a relatively simple thing that a filter could handle, but it seems you can't override detail level with a filter.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Displaying pipe detail level by size? Is there any way to have REVIT display double line pipe for sizes over 4"?

We have managed a workaround using filters. Any pipes 100mm or over are shown double solid line and any pipes under 100mm are shown single line and with a linetype representing the service.

Of course we would just rather show all pipes double line using colours to show the different services, and quite a lot of clients like this (IMO it looks better as well) but some clients and most regulatory departments are stuck in the dark ages and don't want changes in deliverables.

Cant seem to upload a picture of what they look like but whilst 80 or 90mm pipes aren't perfect, all others are fine.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

What was the filter workaround that you used to imitate multiple detail levels in a single view?