Thread: Stop upside down or wrong view on Plane or Drawing face when selecting new sketch

Wish List Administration

Default Stop upside down or wrong view on Plane or Drawing face when selecting new sketch

Summary: When clicking on a plane or face to create a new sketch, the view flips or rotates to be upside down or totally wrong direction.

Description: I understand that the fault can be attributed to the use of 3D Connexion Mice but please get this sorted. My 3D Mouse is excellent when using Inventor but found since using it that when I click on a face to draw a 2D Sketch then the whole screen rotates and zooms in to become upside down or completely the wrong orientation that I require.

Product and Feature: Inventor - Sketching

Submitted By: Craig Pace on 07/01/2013

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

Default Re: Stop upside down or wrong view on Plane or Drawing face when selecting new sketch

I agree. This is slightly annoying!

Default Re: Stop upside down or wrong view on Plane or Drawing face when selecting new sketch

I came to the forum today looking for a solution to this problem. I can confirm that the problem is not related to any sort of 3D Space Mouse or 3D Connexion Mouse or whatever... since I have this problem with a standard desktop mouse.

The problem, in my experience, is that the view rotates seemingly at random whenever I create, enter or exit a sketch. Often the rotation is a 180 flip, sometimes a 90. It's impossible to predict. In all cases some apparently arbitrary new zoom level is also applied.

Long story short, rather than describing the problem (which is that my view is changed in ANY way without my explicitly commanding it), let me state the desired solution. I don't want my view to change in any way at all (not in zoom, visibility or rotation) when I create, edit or exit a sketch (or a part within an assembly for that matter).

I've been looking around the forum for a bit today, and haven't (thus far) found any other threads on this issue. Is there a setting I can use to turn this "feature" (bug) off?