Most materials we use are in a unit of measure of EACH. However, we order serveral materials (i.e. insulation and lagging) simply by SQUARE FEET of coverage.
This is easy enough to get from my model, but I want the BOM to get that information and present it. Given the same part number for each item they should all roll into a single line BOM item with a total of SqFt and a Total Weight. However, I can't get the part to list square Footage as a unit quantity on the occurance tab.

I have gone into the part and generated the number with the proper units but I can't even see this parameter from the occurance tab.

I tried something similar with Linear footage materials and was able to get it to show total linear footage but I could never get the total weight. "Weight Varies by Item" was all it would tell me in the Weight column on the parts list. My bills of Materials are already built for total weight of each line so I am not sure what it's issue is with this ether. Although I feel that this isn't that hard and Inventor should be able to get me the total weight, I am willing to accept mediocraty if it will get me close while eliminating manual data entry.

Darrell