Thread: Profile Label Style

Login to Give a bone

Default Profile Label Style

Hello All: I am in the process of creating a few profile label styles at the request of my CAD manager and I've run across an issue with the Inv In and Inv Out text portion of the label and cannot figure a work around. Example: at the end of my storm run, say an end wall or structure doesn't really matter, but I have an invert in but no invert out. I have placed the invert in and out right to left based on decreasing elevations moving from right to left. My problem comes in at the last structure. The invert in text is anchored to the invert out text, but at the last structure there is no invert out text for obvious reasons. Now there is a gap between the stationing and invert in, where the invert out text would have been on any other structure. How do I shift the invert in text on this last structure to next to the stationing while keeping the stationing, invert out and invert in aligned correctly? See attached screenshot. Thanks in advance! using Civil 3D 2013 fyi.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Profile Label Style

Are these structure labels or pipe labels? I assume you are using pipe labels since you refer to an invert out and invert in as separate label components.

We create labels similar to the ones you show using structure labels. There is a "connected pipes" property that will show inverts for all of the pipes connected to the structure whether it be 1 or 10. It does not leave a gap between inverts.

Login to Give a bone

The labels I have shown are structure labels with station, description, invert in & out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

I was referring to the component property "connected pipes". Check the contents of the Inv In and Inv Out components to see what properties are being used.

Login to Give a bone

Sorry, It's been a long time since we created these label styles. We do not use "connected pipes". The component type we use is "text for each" and the actual component property is "connected pipe invert elevation".

Login to Give a bone

Ok. I see. I'll give modifying the text to text-for-each a whirl and let you know how it comes out.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by michaelpizzino396415; 2013-07-03 at 02:58 PM.

Login to Give a bone

I was able to eliminate the gap between the station and invert text using "text for each" and "connecting all pipes" but now how do I tell it to differentiate between the in and out. I'd like to add "Inv In=xx.xx" and "Inv Out=xx.xx".....

With the "connecting all pipes" is there any way I can tell it to decrease from left to right with the inverts i.e. the invert in would be on the right and invert out on the left?
    Last edited by michaelpizzino396415; 2013-07-03 at 03:54 PM.

Login to Give a bone

When you do the Text for Each option of adding a new component to the label there should be three options. One each for all pipes, in flow pipes, and out flow pipes. When adding I would choose the out flow pipes first and then add another component for in flow pipes.

To order the labels is a different issue that I am not certain.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt