Thread: Healthcare Revit Families

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Healthcare Revit Families

Looking for some feedback on some families I've created. Link is below my signature way at the bottom.
    Any direction or help or comments would be appreciated. Thus far I have multiple views/images only unless you download. I'm looking to put together an intense collection of Revit healthcare models that I have just sitting on my server at home. Basically Autodesk Seek and RC don't really have a lot of spectacular medical objects to download, neither do these BIM-download libraries that claim to have thousands of models. Most of which are 2D CAD-adds.

My parameters for building were:
    Highly rendered appearance
    Low file size (400kb or less)
    Drag and drop capability for scheduling, tagging, etc...
    Visibility settings for plan/section/elevation (with symbolic lines)
    Easily modifiable to any company standards
    Re-world dimensions and MEP connections from actual cut-sheets of the products

Once again, any input would be great, I appreciate it.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Healthcare Revit Families

whoa, these are really specific aren't they? Bionet FC 700? I think my only comment is can you combine some of these? Nice work!

Login to Give a bone

I think there're few people who need this kind of families.. these are too specific and heavy.
    in 3ds max or something, detailed models are meaningful for rendering, but in revit?....
    no offence, but i can tell you, these can't be bestsellers at least.
    Last edited by khw1016; 2013-07-25 at 08:48 AM.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBaker View Post
    whoa, these are really specific aren't they? Bionet FC 700? I think my only comment is can you combine some of these? Nice work!
    Quote Originally Posted by khw1016 View Post
    I think there're few people who need this kind of families... these can't be bestsellers at least.
    First, to RB Cameron, these look like excellent families. I wish more people took it upon themselves to model really great content in Revit and make it publicly available. My firm is the design architect for a hospital, our first one (in collaboration with a hospital expert to do the planning), and I can tell you that some of these families will be very useful when we dig into the room interiors and need more accurate families for design, planning, and rendering.

Of course these only appeal to the healthcare market, but according to the AIA, that is 17% of the architecture profession! Not a small market.

If we get the go-ahead to purchase some of these, I'll definitely give some feedback RB. Thanks!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks Damon. I also have them available in 3dsmax or fbx as well. They all start out 100% in Revit though.
    I've had some other people look at them and pointed out that symbolic lines (for their associated firms) is against protocol. Mainly because if you place them on a sloped floor, they disappear. Although I hope a fluoroscopic C-Arm is placed on a level floor! Not to mention the other equipment is typically place flat on a counter top. So I am aware of some reasons why people wouldn't want them to this detail level. Others have really generic shapes, but are parametric to the teeth. Everyone has their own taste.
    If there's anything specific you need now, let me know and I'll have it up in a day or two.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rbcameron1 View Post
    If there's anything specific you need now, let me know and I'll have it up in a day or two.
    Thanks! I'll definitely let you know.