Thread: Endcaps and Intersecting walls

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Endcaps and Intersecting walls

In our office, we do a lot of masonry construction (brick on block cavity walls). At window and door openings, we use an endcap to show the face brick returning 8" into the opening to allow deep set window frames. Whenever an interior wall or plan modifier intersects the masonry wall within the width of the encap, it creates a clean up error. Is there any work around for this? Thanks for any help.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Endcaps and Intersecting walls

I have had seemingly endless difficulties with the same issue. I most cases, changing the opening style to "Standard" produces the results I need. It would seem that you could create specific endcaps for those other situations, though.

I have trouble with endcaps presenting false information in 3d views and automated sections/elevations. Have you had this problem?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Endcaps and Intersecting walls

I did have, but found that in ADT5, there is an override in the Options/AEC Object Settings tab for opening endcap display. I can now get the 3D display to show properly when no other walls interfere. I have also found cases where the wall is fine in one display configuration, but shows an error in another without changing anything. Changing to a standard endcap usually does solve the problem, but then I have had contractors that pick up on this kind of inconsistency and ask for a change order to put in the return! I really think the software should be able to handle this condition.