Thread: Vault Check-In Dialog - Adjustable Comments Field

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Vault Check-In Dialog - Adjustable Comments Field

Forum Moderator, I'm not sure if this request belongs here or in the Inventor forums. Please let me know and I will move it if required.

Description: I would like to have the "Enter Comments to Include with this Version" field (see attachment) adjustable or grow with the amount of text that is typed into it. I realize the window itself can be resized but I would like the field to have the capability to have more viewable space. I use the Vault check-In feature in Inventor, very rarely do I use it directly in the vault.

How Used: As an engineer I have a lot of information about the changes made that is required to be input with each version that is created. It gets very difficult sometimes to organize the information when I can only see half or only a portion of what information was typed. I currently type in my changes in a text file get it organized and correct the spelling and then copy / paste it into the comments field. This is very time consuming when I sometimes have over 50 files a day that need to be checked in.

Feature Affinity: I like the fact that the vault keeps track of all the changes that I make and has helped me very much in tracking issues when diagnosing a problem in manufacturing.

Our company is currently on Subscription with Autodesk for Inventor and Vault Professional. We currently use version 2012 of each.
    Attached Images Attached Images