Thread: Local file corrupt

Login to Give a bone

Default Local file corrupt

Working in MEP 2012. I am able to open a model(creating a new local). But when I try to do anything, draw a line or move something, anything, I get a fatal error.

When I open the model(creating a new local) and use Audit, it tells me the local file is corrupt and must be recovered manually.

Any fixes?

Thanks.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Local file corrupt

Try running Audit on the central file, don't create a new local (you might also consider using detach from central). You should make sure you have a previous backup or copy available. When a Revit file starts to think it is corrupt it is often "fatal", as in you will need to make a new central file and new local files from it. How many people are working on the project with you. Perhaps someone else has a newer version(the most up to date local file) of the project that can be used as a new central if necessary.

File corruption is usually caused by the file failing to save completely which can be network related, if the connection to the server drops out while it is happening. Sometimes it is just an internal bug that affects the outcome. Are you using anything unusual to share your project, like posting the central file on Dropbox?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Local file corrupt

Thanks steve! I opened the central(with audit & detach), then saved as new central, and all is well again. Thanks again.