See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: REVIT - The wide Site Model creates an Elevation Viewport that is TOO WIDE FOR MY SHEET SIZE.

Login to Give a bone

Default REVIT - The wide Site Model creates an Elevation Viewport that is TOO WIDE FOR MY SHEET SIZE.

I am past user of AutoCAD and REALLY LOVED HOW ONE CAN ALTER THE PAPER SPACE VIEWPORT BOUNDARY IN ORDER TO CLIP OFF WHAT YOU DO NOT WHAT TO BE SHOWN ON A LAYOUT SHEET.

THEREFORE, am wondering if or how the very same thing can be done in REVIT, now that I am finally creating sheets for my Revit Project?

The overall SITE MODEL unfortunately covers too wide a distance in relation to the smaller width of the building sitting on the site... so that when I finally create my Elevation Sheet, the entire width of the site shows up in the ELEVATION VIEWPORT and forces the viewport to run off my E-Size Sheet.

I adjusted the scale of the Elevation down a bit, just to help the horizontal line representing the top of the site fit more easily within the limitations of my E-Size Sheet... but I had rather not reduce the scale just to have the site line fit better.

Is there any way to alter the boundary itself of the Elevation viewport (e.g. as is possible in AutoCAD's Paper Space), and thus allow me to make some of the wide site line visually disappear on my drawing sheet?

I am a Newbie here, and still learning the basics of Revit... so thank you for any help with this frustrating issue.

Robert

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: REVIT - The wide Site Model creates an Elevation Viewport that is TOO WIDE FOR MY SHEET SIZE.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: REVIT - The wide Site Model creates an Elevation Viewport that is TOO WIDE FOR MY SHEET SIZE.

Quote Originally Posted by PijPiwo View Post
    YESSSSS !!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Login to Give a bone

As a general rule when comparing Acad and Revit, Revit does everything Acad does and much, much more. Most of the time the issue is how to find the equivalent feature in Revit that you loved so much in Acad. This post is an example of that. However, there will be times when Revit does disappoint Acad users, but not very often.

BTW: If you are using a full 3D Revit topographical site, you may want to convert it to a link. Revit site plans are a notoriously heavy load. If you are carrying so much site that you can chop some of it off, you might want to delete some of the unneeded data permanently.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJarosz View Post
    As a general rule when comparing Acad and Revit, Revit does everything Acad does and much, much more. Most of the time the issue is how to find the equivalent feature in Revit that you loved so much in Acad. This post is an example of that. However, there will be times when Revit does disappoint Acad users, but not very often.

BTW: If you are using a full 3D Revit topographical site, you may want to convert it to a link. Revit site plans are a notoriously heavy load. If you are carrying so much site that you can chop some of it off, you might want to delete some of the unneeded data permanently.
    Great input Mike! Though the site is not that intensive at this point (but only wide enough to need to be controlled at the Sheet level currently) -- a great suggestion for a link, which i will surely use at some point!