Thread: New to Revit Server 2013

Login to Give a bone

Default New to Revit Server 2013

Our IT guys set up Revit Server 2013 with prerequisites, Windows server software, and one virtual server in each of our 2 office locations. No separate host server was set up, in our current little test server01 serves as the host for the central file, server02 as the accellerator for the remote office. Although both servers at this time are tagged to function as server/acclearator/admin.

While there is quite a bit to be found about Revit Server on the internet the most basic user question does not seem to be answered anywhere, namely how a user in either office goes about accessing the central file and make sure it is being accelerated by the correct accelerator. It doesn't help that Autodesk's wikihelp only works sporadically. At this time I am a bit unsure if the whole system is working, as I can only see - using the revitserver admin tool - our central file on revit-server01 (where the central file is located), but cannot see any files on revit-server02 (which functions as accellerator here). Is this as expected? How can I ceck if the central file on server01 is being cached to server02?

FYI this is the step-by-step so far:
    1. Made sure my workstation is connected to accelerator server01, which is local to my location Office 1. Did this in Revit>Collaborate>Synchronize>Manage connection to accellerator. Is this step even necessary when the central file will be on a local server for me?
    1. From my workstation I moved the central file to server01 via "save-as" ("make this a new central" checked) from Revit. Again, this was done locally in my Office 1.
    2. Made sure my colleague at his workstation in Office 2 has his Revit connected to Accelerator "server02", which is local to his office.
    3. We both then made a new local by browsing to and opening to the central file on server01 (= local to me, remote to him) and started working.

Am I assuming corrrectly that my colleague's connection to the remote central file is automatically being accelerated by server02? How can I verify this?

Thanks - Roland
    Last edited by rganter; 2013-09-03 at 07:32 PM.