Thread: 2014 - undo button not really working, having to hit it a hundred times

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default 2014 - undo button not really working, having to hit it a hundred times

we just installed AutoCAD architecture 2014, as well as Civil 3D 2014. I personally am using civil 3D but have noticed the undo button is nearly useless.. i have to hit it a TON to get anything un-done.

This is not the normal, undoing properties edits, pan/zoom, i am literally clicking on the button and nothing seems to be happening. If i do it long enough i will eventually get things undone but its either not responding correctly or there are some new actions it has to work through.

I've checked the settings in properties and they are the same as what I was using in 2011.

Is there another setting for this I'm missing?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2014 - undo button not really working, having to hit it a hundred times

Yea, undo is fubarred badly with c3d 2014. If you hit the dropdown list for Undo in the QAT - you'll likely see a long list of "Group of Commands". It's not you -- it's Adesk.

If you're on subscription -- file it there as a problem, and maybe we'll see a service pack that fixes it

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2014 - undo button not really working, having to hit it a hundred times

same results with regular AutoCAD 2014. the "combine zoom and pan" and "combine layer property change" selections in the User preferences of the options dialog do not work. hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Login to Give a bone

There is a thread over in the Adsk forums where I believe someone identified this problem with the presence of any associative hatch objects.

I can't find the thread at the moment, but I think he said once he got rid of the associative hatches in the drawing, the problem went away.

Might be worth a try.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |