Thread: Arc Spline based component

Wish List Administration

Default Arc Spline based component

Summary: I know there is a way to create line based families, but instead of a line is it possible to create them based on an arc or spline? The thought came to me when I was fiddling around with some insulation detail component which is created by specifying only it's radius. And then it creates this circle of insulation. But it is a complete circle and it is not possible to split it, so what if I only want an arc of the insulation? If anyone has any tips and tricks on how to solve this, please throw them in. I've attached the family I have so you're welcome to try and tweak it.

Description: I know there is a way to create line based families, but instead of a line is it possible to create them based on an arc or spline? The thought came to me when I was fiddling around with some insulation detail component which is created by specifying only it's radius. And then it creates this circle of insulation. But it is a complete circle and it is not possible to split it, so what if I only want an arc of the insulation? If anyone has any tips and tricks on how to solve this, please throw them in. I've attached the family I have so you're welcome to try and tweak it.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Architectural Family Contents/Components

Submitted By: So What on 10/03/2013

AUGI Addict

Default Re: Arc Spline based component

It's possible to roll your own using the family editor. It will involve a series of nested families to work correctly. Check out this post - http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...=1#post1157155 though I'm not sure the family works anymore. This is likely way more complicated than you're looking for but it should give you a start. Good luck!