I've got a project which is split into say 10 zones, and I have say 10 Navisworks users, and I want them to be able to happily comment away using Tags without any file access issues.

I've so far come up with 2 scenarios for managing this, but can't get either to work, and would appreciate any suggestions:

1) Write a batch script to produce the NWC's from RVT files overnight for each zone (this works fine). The get the batch script to merge the users NWF's into a master, so that I can then delete the individual user NWF's and replace them with a copy of the master, so that when they come in the next morning and open their NWF they see other users comments from the day before. I can't however find a command line option to merge files.

2) Don't split the model into zones, keep it as one large building model, so as to reduce the amount of file handling each day. The problem then though is that we use Tags for commenting on things, and the auto tag naming doesn't indicate where in the building you are. Is there a way to change the naming of Tags as they are created to make the name more useful? Would this be possible via the API? (e.g. is there a way to tell where in the building the camera is if the model Revit models contain rooms and spaces?)

Thanks