Thread: MEP 2012....NEED ELECTRICAL PANEL SCHEDULE HELP!

Login to Give a bone

Default MEP 2012....NEED ELECTRICAL PANEL SCHEDULE HELP!

Hopefully this is a "no-brainer", thus matching my current skills with MEP...
    When generating a panel schedule (with OOTB panel table styles) that has multi-pole circuits, is there an easy (or not so easy) way to show the circuit as a single row? In other words, if I have a 2-pole (240V) circuit, Mep shows it as two rows of text, both identical, for each slot it's using. A 1-pole (120V) circuit shows up (obviously) as a single row, indicating it is using only one slot. Creating new from OOTB and editing table style for this issue an option?

I guess the question is: How do I show slots used, whether it be 1, 2, or 3, with a single row of text? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MEP 2012....NEED ELECTRICAL PANEL SCHEDULE HELP!

Have you tried all the OOTB panel schedules located on the electrical tool pallet? One of them should be what you are looking for. When you install a panel you have to decide what type of numbering system you are going to use, either ANSI or ISO. You can't change that later. I can't find at the moment an online explanation of the two and if/how they effect a schedule. You can add a different panel style to the drawing with different settings and then click on an exsisting panel and change it to this new style. This way you keep all the circuit info but have a new panel style.

Another tip, You can only change circuits names and settings in circuit manager of the drawing the panel is installed in. you cannot change them in a schedule. I wish AMEP would use schedules and not tables for panel schedules. But there is probably a good reason why they don't.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MEP 2012....NEED ELECTRICAL PANEL SCHEDULE HELP!

Thanks for reply to this as well!

I did use an existing OOTB panel (metric) and modified using an unbelievable amount of baby-steps and eventually got it to work! Unfortunately, our client requires us to "divide" the odd and even circuits/slots and show pole lines, contacts and breaker symbology.
    I was able to divide them up and retain all the panel/circuit info. Now the problem that the panel style populates a single pole circuit with 2 rows! The pole number still shows "1" as per the panel circuit. The obvious problem is that the schedule shows 2 rows, first row having VA load for "A" w/a filled cell and a second row w/a filled cell and a VA load for "B". The schedule still reports only the pole load as needed, but then shows a "0" for pole load on the other.

Technically, this is logically correct... However visually it indicates that a single pole circuit is occupying 2 slots in the panel! This the last stumbling block that I need to jump over (so far)... I am soooo close that I can taste it! But what a headache!

Anyway, as to the other tip, I learned that little issue very early on. ALL of my MEP experience and knowledge has been gained by trail-and-error (mostly ERROR) since I started using it within the last 3 months. I think I'm making decent progress tho'...

Thanks again for your reply. Your comments are very appreciated!