Thread: "Preserve Result Highlighting"

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default "Preserve Result Highlighting"

So when this version of NW came out, I was pretty excited about this little feature - Autodesk said that the item highlighting would stick in the viewpoint as well as the redlines.

On the results tab of Clash Detective, there is a little checkbox to toggle this on/off. If I uncheck the box and publish viewpoints, I get my redlines but no item highlights. If I check the box, I get my redlines AND item highlighting. The problem is that everything else in the model goes completely black.

I have not yet applied SP1 to 2014 Manage and there are a few things in the readme that pertain to Clash Detective, but I am unclear on whether or not any of the fixes solve this particular problem. There is also the new graphics processing that can be assigned to 'Presenter' or 'Autodesk' but I'm not sure if this has any effect.

Anyone know why the 'blackout' occurs when the box is checked, or maybe if SP1 corrects this? Its going to be a couple of days before I can get IT to install it for me. Thx in advance!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Preserve Result Highlighting"

The "blackout" problem seems to come from the Lighting Mode that is saved with the viewpoints. If you select a saved viewpoint and the view goes black, go to the Viepoint tab--Lighting-- Head Light option. Choosing either Head Light or No Lights properly displays the model elements. I have searched for this default setting in the Clash Detective and I cannot locate anywhere that the user has control of the default Lighting setting for viewpoints made from the Report tab of Clash Detective.

Bug maybe? See attached before and after images.

Before.PNG
    After.PNG

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the reply - I can verify that the lighting modes do seem to be the culprit. Autodesk seems to think this is related to display configuration of my machine, but I've sent them my NFO file to investigate.

This is super frustrating. I had Navisworks 2013 almost working perfectly and this feature would have been the icing on the cake. Will keep everyone posted.

Login to Give a bone

Just wanted to add one more piece of info to this thread. This problem does not happen with models started AND exported from Revit 2014. It is only happening with models started in Revit 2013 and upgraded.