Thread: Make scroll down bar wider on Layers Panel in the Home Tab Ribbon

Wish List Administration

Default Make scroll down bar wider on Layers Panel in the Home Tab Ribbon

Summary: Software interface now too fiddly with this feature to use and wastes time

Description: This feature used to be the same width as that in the Layer Properties Manager Dialog Box but is now too narrow and time consuming to select.
    Also when you scroll up and the number of layers in your drawing it is easy to slip off this feature and this then reverts back to its parked position inside te Layers Panel
    Subsequently when I am trying to change a part from one layer to another this operation can often fail due to this narrow scroll bar selection area being difficult to operate.
    It is very frustrating, this is not an improvement of the software interface

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Layer

Submitted By: Richard Burnett on 11/13/2013

Default Re: Make scroll down bar wider on Layers Panel in the Home Tab Ribbon

Quote Originally Posted by Wish List System View Post
    Summary: Software interface now too fiddly with this feature to use and wastes time

Description: This feature used to be the same width as that in the Layer Properties Manager Dialog Box but is now too narrow and time consuming to select.
    Also when you scroll up and the number of layers in your drawing it is easy to slip off this feature and this then reverts back to its parked position inside te Layers Panel
    Subsequently when I am trying to change a part from one layer to another this operation can often fail due to this narrow scroll bar selection area being difficult to operate.
    It is very frustrating, this is not an improvement of the software interface

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Layer

Submitted By: Richard Burnett on 11/13/2013
    Yes, please. While you're at it, apply the same to the Properties Manager slider.

I could stop if I wanted to

I like that dropdowns in ribbons such as layers, linetypes, etc have smaller scroll bars in the ribbon... of course I don't use the ribbon much. Wider scroll bars means less information visible in the pulldown or simply wider ribbon panels taking up more screen real estate. Maybe this is something that a variable could be applied to through the display settings.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

I second this! When I used AutoCAD 2006 I remember being able to expand the layers menu to the desired width. What we are really needing is to be able to modify the width, not for it to be wider, but to be able to adjust it to the desired size, big or small.

Certifiable AUGI Addict

The Layer List Combo Box RIBBONCONTROL for 2017 expands when selected wide enough to display the widest layer name, no need to adjust manually.

I keep the Layer & Property Palettes docked to the right, wide enough to see whatever I need, and set to auto-hide.

While you wait around for that, QuikPik has been doing it for years, with the layer toolbar.

R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |