Thread: Looking for resources on managing network tool palettes and customization

Login to Give a bone

Question Looking for resources on managing network tool palettes and customization

We are a 12 person arch firm and I'm revamping our AutoCAD Architecture 2014 setup (upgrading from ACA 2012). I think we should move away from DesignCenter content and start to use custom Tool Palettes for our AEC content. It seems like there used to be some good whitepapers or seminar handouts on this - maybe on AUGI.

Can any of you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Craig

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for resources on managing network tool palettes and customization

Quote Originally Posted by cvaughn View Post
    I think we should move away from DesignCenter content and start to use custom Tool Palettes for our AEC content.
    I have done a bunch of work with toolpalettes. We do still use the DS a little for some things, but yes the TPs to help organize blocks.....

Did you find content to get yourself started ?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for resources on managing network tool palettes and customization

Quote Originally Posted by cvaughn View Post
    We are a 12 person arch firm and I'm revamping our AutoCAD Architecture 2014 setup (upgrading from ACA 2012). I think we should move away from DesignCenter content and start to use custom Tool Palettes for our AEC content. It seems like there used to be some good whitepapers or seminar handouts on this - maybe on AUGI.

Can any of you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Craig
    http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...y-amp-quot-Way
    http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...-tool-palettes

This might be a good place to start.

If you search the forums for "network tool palettes" you'll find quite a few discussions. Some are pretty specific with errors, but, there's a lot of discussion on best practices, etc.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost