Thread: What are the "rules" for placing components into a folder in an Assembly Component Tree?

Login to Give a bone

Default What are the "rules" for placing components into a folder in an Assembly Component Tree?

I am making an iLogic form that will let the user toggle certain components on and off. I was hoping to take a short cut when I discovered you can group components into folders together. However, I have some components that it won't let me place into the same folder. I'm not really sure what about them is causing them to not group together. Can anyone describe what conflicts may exist?

Here is the Help Guide from AutoDesk

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/enu?ads...oduct=Inventor

Here is a line that might be talking about this:

NoteIn certain situations, all non-contiguous node selections may not add to the new folder. Inventor will warn you in these situations. If you click Accept in the warning dialog, nodes that cannot be added to the new folder remain selected and in-place.

What are non-contiguous nod selections?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What are the "rules" for placing components into a folder in an Assembly Component Tree?

Figures, finally after posting, I figure it out, I had a couple work planes between the components I was selecting, I deleted those, I think moved the folder to the bottom of the tree (right below the components) and it allowed me to place both inside the folder.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What are the "rules" for placing components into a folder in an Assembly Component Tree?

Darn, right clicking the folder lets me hide or suppress everything in it like I was hoping, however I can't seem to find the correct term to allow me to use it in rules, (IE. Feature.InActive vs Comporent.IsActive ... Folder.IsActive doesn't exist!

Login to Give a bone

Any luck with suppressing folders using iLogic rules? I am looking to suppress and unsuppress folders based on parameter choices but have had no luck to this point. Leaves me suppressing and unsuppressing hundreds of pieces of hardware with hundreds of lines of code. You would think it should be as easy as you suggested with "Folder.IsActive".