Summary: Revit does not create a true axo nor iso views.. In the traditional architectural sense.
As architects are trained to create these views by hand, it makes sense to implement this as part of the view setting.

Description: View axo with the z-plane at 90*, x and y at 45*. Scaleable in all directions.
View iso with z-plane at 90*, x and y at 30*. Scaleable in all directions.
Oblique with z and y plane in elevation and x at an angle (45 or 30). Again scaleable.

This is a traditional and true form of drafting, created to allow for a measurable 3d drawing. It has been used by architects, draftsman, engineers for a few hundred years and would be a shame to lose this graphical form due to the limitations of computer software.

My boss, an architect, asked me to set one up so that he could hand draft windows in elevation, whilst viewing the adjacent facade. We were disappointed to find it could not be created with Revit.
He had to use his drafting skills to set up the drawing on his board & start from scratch, thus taking hours from his busy schedule.

It makes sense that a tool for architectural communication and documentation be able to create such views. And, I'm sure other architects would feel relief at the implementation of such views.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Other

Submitted By: Lauren Kruger on 11/18/2013