Thread: Is there a way to re-order the way parameters display in the properties palette?

Login to Give a bone

Wink Is there a way to re-order the way parameters display in the properties palette?

is there a way to re-order the way parameters display in the properties palette? in the image below, there are two width properties, and i would like them to display next to each other in the palette. also attached is an image of the block for reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by .chad; 2007-02-28 at 10:54 PM. Reason: speeling

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there a way to re-order the way parameters display in the properties palette?

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_C
    is there a way to re-order the way parameters display in the properties palette? in the image below, there are two width properties, and i would like them to display next to each other in the palette. also attached is an image of the block for reference.
    Not to my knowledge. Thoguh I think the ordering might have to do with what order the parameters are inserted into the drawing. But this is pure speculation and not based on any proof based experiments. And quite frankly, I'm a bit too tired right now to find out. maybe tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there a way to re-order the way parameters display in the properties palette?

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_C
    one thing i usually do in my DB's that have Lookups, is i turn off the parameter's visibility in the properties palette if they are controlled by any Lookups. that way the DBs can't be manipulated outside of the organization set up inside the lookup parameter. If the door sizes aren't controlled by one of your lookups, THEN i'd leave them visible in the properties palette, otherwise, i'd just have the lookups visible.

I do keep some flip properties visible, as i will globally flip them on certain kinds of blocks.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Rico
    Not to my knowledge. Thoguh I think the ordering might have to do with what order the parameters are inserted into the drawing. But this is pure speculation and not based on any proof based experiments. And quite frankly, I'm a bit too tired right now to find out. maybe tomorrow.
    i believe Rico's right, the order in the palette is dictated by the creation of the parameters. i don't know how to re-order them, but i dont' think it's possible, either.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    one thing i usually do in my DB's that have Lookups, is i turn off the parameter's visibility in the properties palette if they are controlled by any Lookups. that way the DBs can't be manipulated outside of the organization set up inside the lookup parameter. If the door sizes aren't controlled by one of your lookups, THEN i'd leave them visible in the properties palette, otherwise, i'd just have the lookups visible.

I do keep some flip properties visible, as i will globally flip them on certain kinds of blocks.
    Yeah, I tried turning off the Vis States in Properties, but since there are caddies here who still insist on not using Dynamic Inputs, the ONLY way for them to take advantage of DBs is through Properties. They seem to like it that way and it requires no maintenance on my part. Who am I to take away what makes them happy?

There's a quote about cake that fits pretty well here, though I'd prefer for myself and all my family members to keep their heads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Yeah, I tried turning off the Vis States in Properties, but since there are caddies here who still insist on not using Dynamic Inputs, the ONLY way for them to take advantage of DBs is through Properties. They seem to like it that way and it requires no maintenance on my part. Who am I to take away what makes them happy?

There's a quote about cake that fits pretty well here, though I'd prefer for myself and all my family members to keep their heads.
    i'm just saying to turn off properties of parameters that are controlled by Lookups. I still have guys here that change the layers of entities thru the properties palette instead of using the layer toolbar dropdown menu. i cringe everytime someone does something in 8 clicks when i could do it in 2-3...
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

thats kind of what i thought. thanks

Login to Give a bone

You can in ACAD 2013. Inside the BE click the fx button (Parameter manager) You will see something like attached. Order is what you are after. But it doesn't order Lookups and the like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Excellent followup

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

This worked great. Thank you for your help! Just to let you know this works in 2012 also.