Thread: Extruding Door leaf on Ref line swing

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Extruding Door leaf on Ref line swing

Till now i alwas made nested doors as per Steve's guide lines. Viewing Jermy Roh's videos of BIMetods class 07 & 08 on You Tube I made solid leaf by extruding upward up to height in plan view (provided thickness Param during sketch mode) over ref. line swing (property shows extrusion up to 7'). I save the file & closed. Next time open the file change the swing angle to 90 degree, open the left elevation, selected the extruted leaf and clicked to "Edit Extrusion". Revit allowed to edit the extrusion in elevation view (Now property shows extrusion up to thickness). I edited the extrusion & made a Stile n Rail door leaf as per video. All things floated smoothly.
    After few days Again I strted a new file, made a 3D solid adjustable swing by extruding on ref line in plan view by the same sequences, save the file closed & reopened to edit extrusion in left elevation view. This time Revit did not allow me to edit in left elevation view & sugested to open ref level plan view. After that I tried so many attempts for 3D Inswing as well as out swing but never sucsseeded.
    Can any user find out the reasons ? 3 files are attached
    Thanks
    Last edited by ljupadhyay; 2013-11-20 at 06:47 PM.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Extruding Door leaf on Ref line swing

I asked J.Roh about this incident through email.
    He replied "While in a plan view...When you select "Create" and "Extrusion", before making the extrusion, click on "Set" in the "Work Plane" Tool Ribbon. Then choose "Pick a Plane" in the dialog box and then "Ok". Hover over the reference line and use the tab key on your keyboard to cycle through the selection options. Select the dashed line that is just a line and not the one that is boxed. As soon as you select that, another dialog box will come up and ask you to choose a left or right view."
    But neither he made the extrusion this way in his class 07 nor myseself. The extrusion was made in plan view & thicness param applied during extrusion & in left elevation extrusion height was raised up to ref plane at Height param.
    No one is interested to solve this mystery.
    LJU