Thread: COLORED LEADER NOTES

Login to Give a bone

Default COLORED LEADER NOTES

I have been trying to print colored leader and text notes in paper space but it won't work no matter what I do. When I use monochrome.ctb everything is black which I use most of the time. Lately I wanted to attach high lighted notes to drawings to bring attention to objects for production but when I switch to acad.ctb everything comes out colored. I even tryed creating a new plot style but that didn't work either. Is there a way to seperate model colors from paper colors when printing? I guess I'm saying I want the model to stay black, and notes and text colored. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gary

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: COLORED LEADER NOTES

Quote Originally Posted by caduser989275 View Post
    I have been trying to print colored leader and text notes in paper space but it won't work no matter what I do. When I use monochrome.ctb everything is black which I use most of the time. Lately I wanted to attach high lighted notes to drawings to bring attention to objects for production but when I switch to acad.ctb everything comes out colored. I even tryed creating a new plot style but that didn't work either. Is there a way to seperate model colors from paper colors when printing? I guess I'm saying I want the model to stay black, and notes and text colored. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gary
    I don't use VP overrides much, but I would assume you could change everything in a viewport to black/white while PS entites stay in color, and use ACAD.CTB.

Or, simply change everything in MS to black/white and have PS stuff in color (which may requre different layers for MS and PS)

Suggest saving a named Layer State first if you want to go back to the original scheme.

(this is assuming everything is ByLayer which is the best way to go IMO)

Login to Give a bone

Try picking your colours from the Truecolour pallette [pick the colour in the normal way, pick the Truecolor tab then move the slider a very small amount before picking]. For example 250,0,0 is close enough to RED that no one will notice.
    Truecolours still plot in colour when you use monochrome or grayscale configurations.

[Ted - you know this.]

edit: thanks to Opie who first brought this to our attention.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks John, you saved my life!!!LOL I knew it had to be simple, that's why it took 3 days for me to accomplish!!