Hello All. I've been working on a project for school where I need to design a 24 story RC building. I have successfully modeled the entire structure in Revit, and my hope is to import this model into Robot in order to complete the analysis and design. However, I've run into a couple of small dilemmas I have some questions about.

The first question is about disabling a finite element analysis. When I import my model into Robot, it is loaded with over a hundred thousand nodes. This complicated FEA is out of the scope of this undegrad class and I would like to just treat each member as a single element. Is this possible? How would I go about doing this?

My second question is regarding beam design. I was under the impression that Robot would behave similarly to ETABs and other programs, where you would define the member dimensions and the program will determine how much reinforcement is needed. Throughout my exploration in Robot I came across an option that allowed for member dimension optimization, however I could not find out how to have Robot determine the area of reinforcement needed. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks for any help.

Mike P.