Thread: Create systems panel/button is missing after update

Login to Give a bone

Default Create systems panel/button is missing after update

I've had to go back to using 2012 Revit for a job and when we opened it, the modify text and modify generic annotations panels were not working properly. But since we are using 2012, 2013 and 2014 Revit we had run into this problem (why it keeps happening?) with 2013 and 2014 and found the update to fix the problems and they worked great afterwards. Well we did the same for this 2012 problem (update 2) and it did fix some of the problems, but not all. The Create Systems button/panel is not available to add power to my electrical devices and the leader button/panel associated with Modify/Generic Annotations and being able to add leaders in any direction from a note or symbol is not available. I really need to get this problem resolved because I can't power any equipment, device, etc. which in turns means my panels schedules are blank, I have no loads to calculate, etc.
    Has anyone else had this problem after installing the update? Do we need to re-install Revit 2012 or what?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Create systems panel/button is missing after update

Sounds like it may be related to the issue with contextual ribbon panels after .NET Framework 4.5 is installed. (Installing Revit 2014 installs 4.5.)

Update 3 for 2013 fixes that version, but for 2012, there is a hotfix that provides a new version of AdWindows.dll that needs to be swapped for the old one.
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...inkID=21208796

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Create systems panel/button is missing after update

Quote Originally Posted by dkoch View Post
    Sounds like it may be related to the issue with contextual ribbon panels after .NET Framework 4.5 is installed. (Installing Revit 2014 installs 4.5.)

Update 3 for 2013 fixes that version, but for 2012, there is a hotfix that provides a new version of AdWindows.dll that needs to be swapped for the old one.
    Thank you! That did the trick!