Thread: DESIGN CENTER

Login to Give a bone

Default DESIGN CENTER

I have several blocks that were saved to the Design Ceter, within my template, that I do not want.

I have not found a way to delete these blocks from the Design Center.

Could someone help me out?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: DESIGN CENTER

Quote Originally Posted by latahgps View Post
    I have several blocks that were saved to the Design Ceter, within my template, that I do not want.

I have not found a way to delete these blocks from the Design Center.

Could someone help me out?
    Is this a Civil3D thing or are you simply talking about Autodesk Design Center where you browse to files (dwg/dwt) and grab blocks, layouts, layers etc?

If the latter, can you simply "purge" those blocks from the template your grabbing them from?

Login to Give a bone

Please see attachment. This is what I'm talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by latahgps View Post
    Please see attachment. This is what I'm talking about.
    The Design Center shows all the blocks in the file, so as tedg stated, they need to be purged from the reference or template drawing. To do this, open the drawing, then verify there are no instances of the blocks you wish to purge in the drawing. This may mean verifying they are not referenced by dimension styles, multi-view blocks or other background settings. Then run the "Purge" command. You can purge individual blocks, so <ctrl>-select the ones you want to purge. If they are not listed in the default view ("Show items that can be purged"), change the radial to "Show items that cannot be purged". If they are listed as non-purgable, you will need to determine where they are referenced before you can purge them. Once they are purged, save the file. You might need to "refresh" the Design Center to not see the blocks, but once they've been removed from the drawing, they should not appear in DC.

Civil Engineering Moderator MHultgren's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

If they are being used inside Civil 3D's styles, you will need to edit the style and change the block (marker) setting before you will be able to purge the blocks in question. The same applies to Layers, depending on the DWT you are using for C3D, there are many layers that are tied to existing C3D styles that need to be changed. Some of these may be located in the Display tab of an object and others will be found in the Settings/General tab depending on what type of object style you are looking at.

Login to Give a bone

You have gotten very close to my problem. I have purged all the blockes from my current Templete. I now have a few layers that I would like to remove. When I try to remove the layers I receive a notice that they are part of some other item, my guess is a block in the design center. (That's all that's left.) Yet I can't delete the blocks.

I place this problem right up there with, "Would you like to turn this view on; True or False."

Login to Give a bone

blocks are not stored or defined in the Design Center. That's merely a tool to pull stuff out of a drawing (or a dwt) on the hard drive and add it to your current active drawing. Anything that shows up in Design Center (ADC) exists in the drawing Design Center is looking at.

If the blocks are not inserted as blocks (and selectable) in your dwt or dwg, then they are being used somewhere, by something. Possibly a Dimstyle, possibly nested in another block, most probably they are in use as part of a civil3d style definition. ADC has nothing to do with that.