Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Converting Eagle Point Drawings to C3D

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Converting Eagle Point Drawings to C3D

Maybe get him som literature on Carlson -- I suspect he'd be happier, and the rest of you would also.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    Maybe get him som literature on Carlson -- I suspect he'd be happier, and the rest of you would also.
    Meh - We already have the license of IDSP 2015 installed on his new workstation - Instead I'm setting up the necessary descriptions keys, Styles, pre-defined Point Groups, and Surfaces so he can just import his raw data and done.

He's not doing Corridors, Parcels, or even Surface manipulation, let alone Pipe Networks, Profiles, Profile Views, nor View Frame Groups... Just processing for subsequent design, plat and stakeout.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    Meh - We already have the license of IDSP 2015 installed on his new workstation - Instead I'm setting up the necessary descriptions keys, Styles, pre-defined Point Groups, and Surfaces so he can just import his raw data and done.

He's not doing Corridors, Parcels, or even Surface manipulation, let alone Pipe Networks, Profiles, Profile Views, nor View Frame Groups... Just processing for subsequent design, plat and stakeout.
    How does the company justify a $7k program for processing raw data into points only?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    How does the company justify a $7k program for processing raw data into points only?
    Firstly, 'he' only needs to process points... I and others do all surfaces, volumes, corridors, pipe networks, profiles, profile views, etc. for plans production, and estimates respectively.

Second, if anyone is paying that much for a new seat, they've really got to find themselves another re-seller.

My and another's seat were BOGO +/- 7 months ago (before I even accepted the employment offer; the owner hedged his bet that I'd accept, and he wa$ right ), and Autodesk just ended a trade-up special offer where it was only +/- $5K for a new subscription for each turned in copy of 2008 or older (up to 5 seats?).

Most of our seats were in place prior to my arrival - somewhat the catalyst for recruiting me, as they paid for all new software, sent the staff away for 3-days of training, and they were still hand drawing profiles, using attribute definitions as spot elevation labels (in paperspace), and scaling their paperspace titleblocks up so that viewports were set to be 1:1 in Land Desktop 2004 as AutoCAD (no external database, etc.)... I conveniently neglected to re-install 2004 when upgrading the company to Win8.1 x64 as part of our dual migration from Windows Server 2003 SBS x86 to Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 with a brand new server installation, only installing IDSP 2014 (for daily production), and IDSP 2015 (to give them an opportunity to familiarize).

Production is up, clients are getting their submittals earlier, and we have less production staff than when I started.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123