Thread: Changing the size of pipe-up and pipe-down symbols?

Login to Give a bone

Default Changing the size of pipe-up and pipe-down symbols?

Is there a way to make the pipe-up and pipe-down symbols smaller on the medium detail setting, or larger on the fine setting?

For our plumbing drawings, we find that coarse and medium detail both show our pipe looking almost exactly the same - very thick lines, and fine is drastically different - very tiny. The pipe up and pipe down symbols are great big for both coarse and medium and basically disappear in fine.
    We're working on a lot of jobs with an architect that has actually told us our plumbing drawings look like they are drawn with crayon or a felt tip pen (and we agree) and asked us to change our settings, yet agrees with us that using fine, though its nice to look at within the model, makes plans too difficult to actually read when printed.

Is there some way to reach a happy medium, to find or create some visual setting for pipes and their up & down symbols somewhere between medium and fine?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Changing the size of pipe-up and pipe-down symbols?

Between issues with the valves I show, and the up down piping, I have just always done everything in Fine. They can be difficult to read, but even worse when the symbols overlap the other pipes. You can play with the annotative family sizes with most of the valves, but the only way I have found so far to change the pipe up and down is to turn the annotation option off on them. They will stay pretty small, but to get to that option - Manage - MEP Settings - Pipe Setting - Uncheck Use Annot. Scale

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Changing the size of pipe-up and pipe-down symbols?

Ah-ha! I've found the setting:
    In 2013, Go to Manage > MEP Settings > Mechanical Settings > Pipe Settings - and there, like magic, is "pipe rise / drop annotation size".