Thread: Field for Dynamic Viewport Scale

Login to Give a bone

Default Field for Dynamic Viewport Scale

Hi AUGI,

I have a scale bar that i created and i am trying to create custom Field expression to show the numbers on top of the scale bar i.e .25xscale, .5xscale, 1xscale and 2xscale. but i can not figure out how to create a custom or even modifiy current viewport scale field expressions. is there a way to create new custom object/viewport/custom scale field expressions? Thanks for your help, i've lurked on a lot of threads about fields and i know how to add them but no one ever talks about creating new ones or editing current ones.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Field for Dynamic Viewport Scale

No perfect solution. You could use line lengths in the fields. You have lines in the block anyway, just draw an extra one for each segment. The problem is after resizing the block you would have to explode them for the fields to update. I'd recommend making a group out of it after exploding if you go that route. I'll open the block drawing resize, regen, and save it as scaleXX. I then insert scaleXX into whatever drawing is at XX scale.
    You could put multiple blocks in one drawing where each are only visible at the scale they're drawn for.

Login to Give a bone

Hi Tom,

I am trying to keep the scale bar and field text out of my block so that it updates with a simple drawing regen. but my real question is how to update field expression codes. i already know what code to use to get my field expression to show what i want but i can not find a way to update field expression code or create new field expression code. im sorry if my original post confused you. This dynamic scale bar is for a work template and if its not dynamic no one will ever use it.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BThiele View Post
    Hi Tom,

I am trying to keep the scale bar and field text out of my block so that it updates with a simple drawing regen. but my real question is how to update field expression codes. i already know what code to use to get my field expression to show what i want but i can not find a way to update field expression code or create new field expression code. im sorry if my original post confused you. This dynamic scale bar is for a work template and if its not dynamic no one will ever use it.
    Can you give me an example of a "field expression code" you want to update? The field text is designed to update, like text the "Field expression" is not. How could it? You could modify it with lisp, but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for either.