Thread: RAM and Revit Deck Mapping through ISM

Login to Give a bone

Default RAM and Revit Deck Mapping through ISM

We are usingRevit 2014 and the ISM plug-in to syncronize with our structural steel model inRAM.
    We created atest model in Revit and then created a new model from the ISMrepository in RAM. The structural steel framing and column members comethrough and are placed at the appropriate level. However the foor (acomposite deck, we chose a Verco W3) does not match.
    We alsotried adding a deck assignment in RAM (again a Verco W3 profile) and theupdating the Revit model through ISM. This time we get a warming"Using default Revit Wall/Floor type. Cause: IsmSurfaceMemmberMaterial is not defined". The member sizes and stud assignments doupdate however. We also tried a more generic profile, but this generatesthe same error.
    Anyone comeacross this issue or have success in correctly mapping the deck assignmentbetween RAM and Revit? Thanks!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: RAM and Revit Deck Mapping through ISM

have you applied the update patch for RAM SS version14.06 for ISM.?
    I do not see in the current Revit ISM Link options for mapping of deck when creating ISM file from Revit. but it does make a default ISM deck and floors. Maybe in the next release we hope. But I do see a few deck mapping options for creating ISM file from RAM. The Revit floor family is a system family and would be hard to map like other structural families. It looks like the Revit deck profile family is not exported to ISM file in the Revit Link. But Ram SS ISM export will create deck profile family with a few options to map, and this will Import into Revit.
    Last edited by dmahan; 2014-01-23 at 06:56 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks-- so we were using an older version of Ram. We installed the latest version of Ram (14.06.00)and also updated our ISM file (beta version) and then we were able to see the deck in Ram

Thanks again for your help---my apologies for the jumbled original post, (below) I copied text into multiple blogs to save time

Login to Give a bone

When creating a new repository from Revit via ISM we have transfered levels, grids, columns, and beams to RAM SS. The model information including the levels and grids is imported correctly into RAM, however when we update the ISM file and reimport to Revit the grids are deleted. Has anyone else come across this issue? Thanks!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Yes, I have seen the same problem with the grids being deleted in Revit, must be a bug or other work flow problem, my work around is to be sure that grids are shown in Ram Modeler, some times you have to select grids for floor layout inside of Ram Modeler. If you do not see grids the ISM export will delete the grids in Revit.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks dmahan!