Summary: Revit needs a much better administrator "Lock" feature for the Site Survey and Project Base points. It is far too easy to have a user "push" new coordinate locations to other models. I would go so far as to add a pasword or some other way to secure this information as a mis-step with these values can destroy multi-building coordination and design.

Description: Revit needs a much better administrator "Lock" feature for the Site Survey and Project Base points. It is far too easy to have a user "push" new coordinate locations to other models. I would go so far as to add a pasword or some other way to secure this information as a mis-step with these values can destroy multi-building coordination and design.

At present the survey and project points are part of the Project Info workset and any attempt to lock out the workset prevents normal users from changing shared data for the project information shared on many drawings. If these "survey" items were pulled into a workset of their own it could be an easy proposition to better secure this vital data.

I have been amazed at how easy it is for even experienced users to click the Save location data back to other linked models. Fixing this was very difficult, time-consuming, and prevented dependable clash checking until it was fixed.

Product and Feature: Revit MEP - Other

Submitted By: Mike Johnson on 02/03/2014