Thread: Multiple shades in a block

Login to Give a bone

Default Multiple shades in a block

I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction.
    What I am trying to do is this:

I have a block with 7 different color shades in it (which may at some point change).
    I want to place multiple instances of the block in my drawing and be able to make the colored area visible or transparent, depending on the circumstances. I have looked at doing through "visibility states" in dynamic blocks, but there are too many different iterations to allow that to work.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multiple shades in a block

Here's what occurs to me, for what it's worth...

If you want to be able to turn transparency off for the whole ring, you need only use visibility states along with two copies of the ring; one transparent, one not.

If you want to be able to change transparency for (only) one colour on the ring, make your colour ring transparent and place a second ring behind it. The second one should be all white, but with one of the "wedges" having two visibility states; visible, or invisible. Use a rotation action and parameter on the second ring so that the mentioned "wedge" can be placed behind any one of the colours on your main ring.

Turning all colours transparent except for one would be a variation on the above approach.

To be able to control the transparency of each colour independently, make all colours on your ring transparent. Create seven rings (one for each of the seven coloured "wedges" on your main ring) of similar size to this, but each having only a single "wedge", hatched in white. Each of these seven rings would be identical, and the white hatches on all of them would have the same two visibility states; off and on. Individual rotation actions on each of the seven rings would allow you to dynamically place white wedges behind any combination of colours you wish, and your visibility states will take care of the rest.

Just to be clear, I have not worked with dynamic blocks in a while, so cannot be certain that everything I have suggested will work as intended. Hopefully, though, some of it will be helpful.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multiple shades in a block

Thanks. I'll play around with that and see if I can get something that works.