Thread: Stepped Offset - Not asking "apply the grading to the entire length of the feature line"

Login to Give a bone

Default Stepped Offset - Not asking "apply the grading to the entire length of the feature line"

when using Stepped Offset grading I am no longer being asked the question "apply the grading to the entire length of the feature line" the function skips right over

Command: _AeccOffsetFeature Offset layer = Source
    Specify offset distance or [Through/Layer]: 25
    Select an object to offset:
    Specify side to offset or [Multiple]:
    Specify elevation difference or [Grade/Slope/Elevation/Variable] <0.000>: s
    Specify slope or [Grade/Elevation/Difference/Variable] <3.00>: -.5
    Select an object to offset: *Cancel*

How do I get this option back?
    Last edited by DWMorales; 2014-02-20 at 09:44 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Stepped Offset - Not asking "apply the grading to the entire length of the feature line"

that's creating an offset of an object, e.g. feature line etc, not a 'grading object'.

there's no option that I see (c3d 2011) to create a 'stepped offset grading object'.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Stepped Offset - Not asking "apply the grading to the entire length of the feature line"

cadtag, I am using C3D 2012 under the grading menu... edit feature line geometry... is the command for Stepped Offset, you can also get there through
    the Ribbon... Feature Line... Create Feature Line from Stepped Offset. I use these commands pretty often and yesterday the setting changed.

Login to Give a bone

I just looked into 2014 c3d, and same thing -- stepped offsets, whether you get to them from a grading pulldown, or the Feature Line ribbon tools, do NOT create grading objects, and only offset the entire object.

To get the prompt for ""apply the grading to the entire length of the feature line", you have to Create Grading, and generate a grading object.

Login to Give a bone

I also use C3D 2012 and use Stepped Offset on a daily basis. I do not recall ever seeing the prompt "apply the grading to the entire length of the feature line". I do get a similar prompt when creating grading "Apply to entire length? [Yes/No] <Yes>:"

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the help, I guess for some reason I thought that was also part of the step offset command.