Thread: %%201, %%201 and so on...Fraction in Dimensions

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy %%201, %%201 and so on...Fraction in Dimensions

I need to know how to change a dimension or find out what it means when someone has entered %%201, %%202 and so on.... for a fraction in a dimension. For example: I know that when you enter %%131 it is a short version of 1/16" in the dimension text and that if a question mark or other symbol come up in a drawing you just change the font to xsimplex. I know that they are 1/16" to 1" and can figure that out but just wanted to know if someone had a lisp program for that or new what font might be used to change it in a drawing.

So in other words I am not sure if I can change all the dimensions at once with a certain font or if it was a lisp program set up. Please if anyone can help or lead me to someone who can. If you can actually understand what I am saying.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: %%201, %%201 and so on...Fraction in Dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by jdavis.83477
    So in other words I am not sure if I can change all the dimensions at once with a certain font or if it was a lisp program set up.
    Hi

Are you simply wanting to swap the Font file used on Dimension Text to another Font file.

OR

Wanting to know the meaning of %%201 and %%202 etc.

OR

Have I not fully understood the question (most likely).

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: %%201, %%201 and so on...Fraction in Dimensions

Mainly I am just wanting to find the .shx font file to fix the problem. But if no one knows the font file then maybe what the %%201 through %%216 mean?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: %%201, %%201 and so on...Fraction in Dimensions

Do you know the name of the font file or is that what you are trying to discover?
    If you don't know, the Dimstyle dialogue will tell you the text style specified and the Style dialogue should give you the font name. If it tells you the name of a font that you know is on your machine then scroll back through the session history to where you opened the file. If a font was substituted because the required font is not on your machine, there should be a note saying "abc.shx substituted for xyz.shx" - or similar.

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: %%201, %%201 and so on...Fraction in Dimensions

Thanks I think you are right. What was happening was each drawing had a different font and I couldn't exactly find out what was going on. The main font that seems to keep coming up is STD.shx so I think I will check into that. I think the person that set up the old drawings used to rename the text names?? If you know what I mean?? I am confusing myself now. Thank you for helping me realize to check into the dimstyle more.

Thanks,

Jennifer

I will let you know if it works!!!