Thread: Storm Inlets

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Storm Inlets

How can I incorporate storm structures Curb Inlets in to Storm Structure part family?

Where do I get them from?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Storm Inlets

How detailed are you trying to make them?

We typically use a rectangular structure for our part and use a specific block within the style for the designated structure.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

that is how we do it as well. however not to high jack this thread but... i use a basic rectangular structure with different blocks for yard, single or double curb inlets. i would like my inlets to show so the front of the structure is inline with the gutter and the remainder of the box is behind the curb.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

When the inlet is inserted how is it placed? More specific what is the insertion point of the structure and where the parts connect too? I know all of the blocks we use all have a base point parameter in them defining the insertion point. I will check the styles to see if there is something else controlling them.

Typically I insert the inlet on the gutter. The insertion point is in the middle but 1 foot off the back of the symbol. 1 foot of the symbol shows up behind the curb the rest shows up in the pavement. All the the parts connect to.the point of insertion on the gutterlines.

Login to Give a bone

When I am using a specific block to show a curb inlet, I place a zero-length line within the block at the desired alignment point location. The insertion of the structure is still the middle of the structure. But the additional osnap point this zero-length line provides allows me to rotate the structure to the desired alignment.

Does that make sense?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt