Thread: Materials reflecting sky/mountains with Autodesk Graphics

Login to Give a bone

Default Materials reflecting sky/mountains with Autodesk Graphics

I have my display settings set up to show the Autodesk Graphics system (from global options under display). This allows me to import an FBX that I've exported from Revit to maintain all materials my designer has applied in Revit. Not everything comes through perfectly, but at least most of the materials are showing. My issue is when I go walk to an object that is inside the building that has a reflective surface (i.e. metal paper towel dispenser) it shows a reflection of the sky with clouds and mountains along a horizon. Is there any way to have either proper reflections or to have more of a blank reflection rather than the sky/clouds/mountains?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Materials reflecting sky/mountains with Autodesk Graphics

Has culling been turned off in the Home>File Options>Backface dialog?

Login to Give a bone

I tried modifying the backface option from "off" to "solid" to "on" with no difference in the reflections I see in the shiny surfaces. The only thing that works is to turn off reflections in the global options under the Autodesk display settings. This is a fine workaround, but the effect I'm trying to get walking around the building is lost when all the reflections are off. See attached to see what I'm talking about. Seems to be no way to fix this other than turning reflections off completely.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.zoldan343547 View Post
    I have my display settings set up to show the Autodesk Graphics system (from global options under display). This allows me to import an FBX that I've exported from Revit to maintain all materials my designer has applied in Revit. Not everything comes through perfectly, but at least most of the materials are showing. My issue is when I go walk to an object that is inside the building that has a reflective surface (i.e. metal paper towel dispenser) it shows a reflection of the sky with clouds and mountains along a horizon. Is there any way to have either proper reflections or to have more of a blank reflection rather than the sky/clouds/mountains?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.
    FYI, I have found the same problem when enabling Autodesk rendering with the phong shading. I believe it is a bug. My guess is that someone in Autodesk have hardcoded a mountain as a reflection map. Only problem is they have forgotten to implement a way for the user to reset/ set a reflection map. I have created a bug on this but have not received any reply. I even sent some pretty mountain pictures to Autodesk

Ulrik

Login to Give a bone

You can change it

Options—Interface—Display—Autodesk,In right side panel,find "Autodesk Material",disable“Reflection Enabled”,then click OK.