Thread: Graphics Tablet.

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Graphics Tablet.

I have been using Autocad for some time now, and am starting to develop pains in my wrist and fingers. I have bought a 'Trust Wireless Design and Work Tablet' to use instead of the usual mouse. I managed to use the tablet quite well for 1 1/2 days before my copy of Autocad Lt 2004 crashed , and crashed repeatedly upon restarting the program. I rebooted my computer and tried again. No change. So i reinstalled LT and still the program crashed... until i unplugged the tablet, then the program opened fine. Can anyone help me figure out why the program crashed, and more importantly, why it took 1/12 days to do so. Surely if the problem was with the tablet it would have crashed the first time i tried to use it. Please help, i can't keep using a mouse as the pain has been getting progressivley worse over the past two weeks.

Login to Give a bone

Wink Re: Graphics Tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by fenlandhippie
    I have been using Autocad for some time now, and am starting to develop pains in my wrist and fingers. I have bought a 'Trust Wireless Design and Work Tablet' to use instead of the usual mouse. I managed to use the tablet quite well for 1 1/2 days before my copy of Autocad Lt 2004 crashed , and crashed repeatedly upon restarting the program. I rebooted my computer and tried again. No change. So i reinstalled LT and still the program crashed... until i unplugged the tablet, then the program opened fine. Can anyone help me figure out why the program crashed, and more importantly, why it took 1/12 days to do so. Surely if the problem was with the tablet it would have crashed the first time i tried to use it. Please help, i can't keep using a mouse as the pain has been getting progressivley worse over the past two weeks.
    can you provide some more information about the tablet? is there a model number?

I've never used one of these, but, who knows, any information might be helpful...

I know you said you successfully used it for almost two days before the problems, but, have you tried checking the manufacturer's website for updated drivers?
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Graphics Tablet.

It is made by 'Trust' and is a 'Wireless Design and Work Tablet 400'

Login to Give a bone

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything about it conflicting with Autocad, The product support site is at www.trust.com they have a technical support site that you can access you may be able to find your answers there

If it is causing Autocad to crash and you cant resolve this issue them maybe return it and try a Wacom tablet. They have better support for Autocad I would imagine. You might also want to make sure that you have your Direct X drivers and device drivers as up-to-date as possible as well as all service packs for Autocad LT 2004 installed as well

Login to Give a bone

The Wacom's simply work like a USB mouse, and I've used them since R14 without issue. They even have the drivers built-into XP now, so while you'll want to use the Wacom driver so you can access the extra buttons and things it will work just by plugging it in.

So I second the above, if you can't get it working with the one you got, get a Wacom instead.