See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Copy panel from one ribbon to another

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Copy panel from one ribbon to another

I want to copy the layer panel from the Home tab to my custom tab. I just can't seem to figure out how to do this in the CUI editor. Can anyone offer some guidance?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Copy panel from one ribbon to another

I know it's counter-intuitive, but you don't copy the target RibbonPanel from the Home RibbonTab, you expand the Panels node, right-click the target RibbonPanel, select Copy, then scroll all the way back up to your custom RibbonTab, right-click Paste (you can also drag & drop).

HTH
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Here is a clip of the CUI Dialog. If I understand you correct, I drag the "Home - Layers" panel on the left side up into my "Pes" group just above it. If this is correct, I must be doing something wrong. It appears to drag up, but it never actually pastes. Here is an image.CUI.JPG

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mikehaff View Post
    If I understand you correct, I drag the "Home - Layers" panel on the left side up into my "Pes" group just above it. If this is correct, I must be doing something wrong. It appears to drag up, but it never actually pastes.
    Perhaps these will help:

cui.ribbonpanel.copy.png cui.ribbonpanel.paste.png cui.ribbonpanel.done.png

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    Nice, a picture's worth a thousand words!
    Here is a clip of the CUI Dialog. If I understand you correct, I drag the "Home - Layers" panel on the left side up into my "Pes" group just above it. If this is correct, I must be doing something wrong. It appears to drag up, but it never actually pastes. Here is an image.CUI.JPG
    Of course if you're trying to add the "Home - Layers" panel to the "PES2010" workgroup which is what you seem to be trying to do in your attached image then you're out of luck. The "Home - Layers" panel is already in the Home - 2D tab in the "PES2010" workgroup. Only tabs can be added to workspaces not panels, hence the Ribbon Tabs section.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks everyone. Hey, BlackBox. What image editor did you use to create those PNG files? I could use something like that when creating in house tutorials?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    Nice, a picture's worth a thousand words!
    Thanks everyone.
    Cheers, guys.

Hey, BlackBox. What image editor did you use to create those PNG files? I could use something like that when creating in house tutorials?
    You'd laugh ... The one's I attached above, were done with MS Paint *mad skills*, however, I'd highly recommend you look into getting SnagIt.

The latter is what I am accustom to using, and will be purchasing again at my new place of work (I just started 2 months ago)... Up to this point SnagIt has just been a low priority as compared to setting up Civil 3D 2014, preparing to transition folks from Land Desktop 2005, ordering and setting up new workstations, interviewing new printer companies, evaluating multiple vendors server upgrade proposals, and trying to actually do some civil design work, and keep the captivating Mrs. BlackBox happy as well.

Now that some of those are out of the way, I'm turning my attention to developing a new CAD Standards & Procedures manual, and SnagIt will be invaluable; especially if SnagIt's video recording functionality (for workflows) is paired with a WPF Browser Application accessed by custom CUIx.

For other video editing & sharing options, look at either Jing (free, I occasionally use this for sharing video clips in forums), or Camtasia.

Cheers

Computer Specs: