Thread: TWO ASSEMBLIES FOR ONE CORRIDOR OR ONE ASSEMBLY FOR TWO CORRIDORS???

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default TWO ASSEMBLIES FOR ONE CORRIDOR OR ONE ASSEMBLY FOR TWO CORRIDORS???

Hi there,

I am a beginner of civil3D and I need your help.

Enclosed pls find the drawing of which is only a draft. The project is going to build a dike on a naturel terrain. I have to make a drawing with civil 3D but I have the following questions.
    1) should I create two assemblies for material A and material B? If YES, how to make two assemblies in one corridor? If NO, how to create an assembly for material A(upper) and material B(lower)? Which commands should I use?
    2) pls kindly advise how to fix the elevation 64m at the point mentioned on the drawing.

Looking forward to your prompt reply and many thanks in advance.

Best Regards
    Acadia
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: TWO ASSEMBLIES FOR ONE CORRIDOR OR ONE ASSEMBLY FOR TWO CORRIDORS???

You probably should have two corridors. This would allow you to generate two separate surfaces in which you could calculate volumes with the natural terrain.

You can create one alignment, and one profile view. Within the profile view, create two profiles.

The assembly for Material A, you could use the LinkOffsetAndSlope and the LinkSlopetoSurface subassemblies for the right side. The left side, start off with the LinkOffsetAndSlope, LinkSlopeToElevation, LinkOffsetAndSlope, and finish with LinkSlopeToSurface.

The assembly for Material B, you could use the LinkOffsetAndSlope and LinkSlopeToSurface subassemblies for both sides.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt