Thread: Raster Design transition from GTXRasterCAD

Login to Give a bone

Post Raster Design transition from GTXRasterCAD

Just upgraded to AutoCAD 2014 Suite, Raster Design. I have been using AutoCAD with GTXRasterCAD Plus for about 16 years. I have figured out what I
    need in Raster Design to jump right in and be productive with the exception of one tool, the GTXRasterCAD Plus "RESIZE" tool. The Resize tool changes
    the size of the raster work area.
    I have not found a similar "tool" or routine in AutoCAD Raster Design that does the same thing. Has anyone found a solution for resizing a raster work area
    using AutoCAD Raster Design?
    Tom Planer
    TEPCAD

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Raster Design transition from GTXRasterCAD

What do you mean by 'resize'? Do you mean changing the resolution of the underlying image or do you mean scaling some of the raster? RD has a REM (Raster Entity Manipulation) toolbar. Raster Entities allow you to select pixels and treat them as an autocad entity, i.e. you can then use the move, copy, scale, rotate commands on them. First use one of the various REM selection tools. The group of pixels you selected will turn red and act as a single entity. Then do what you want to it. After that, you save the changes back and the pixels are part of the raster image again.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Ed thank you for your reply. I will use another term of AutoCAD's. FRAME is what I need to resize, modify, ie: change the length and width of. I have used the help menu
    with no good results. I tried to start a new insert and no matter what values I put in, all I get is a square.
    What I was trying to get was a new raster "frame " area that is 42" by 30''.
    The help menu says to modify the frame, just use the regular AutoCAD tool Stretch. Well, that does not work either.
    I thought that if I could start with the drawing area aspect ratio of 7:5 (42X30) I could then possibly copy the contents of the existing odd shaped raster frame and paste it to the new correct frame size. Does this help define my issue? Tom

Login to Give a bone

When you use acad commands, they only recognize the frame. They can't stretch the raster image, so the ratio stays the same. So effectively, even though you might use stretch, you only effect the scale of the frame. To do what you are asking is to change the image. RD can only make it smaller using the crop tool. For new images, make sure you have Show new image dialog option checked (RD Options, Image tab. You can also set the default size here). When you create a new image, first specify the image size in pixels and dpi, then use the pick button to create the frame.

However, I have never needed to resize the image to match the dwg size. I just attach the image to model space and scale it (using the reference options) so the the raster model is 1:1. Then I use the ps viewport to hide the frame or toggle the frame display off.
    Last edited by Ed Jobe; 2014-04-23 at 04:24 PM.
    C:> ED WORKING....

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

There is also the Rubbersheet tool, which can help align images to known points. But changing the dimensions of an image will distort the raster information.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tepcad616462 View Post
    Just upgraded to AutoCAD 2014 Suite, Raster Design. I have been using AutoCAD with GTXRasterCAD Plus for about 16 years. I have figured out what I
    need in Raster Design to jump right in and be productive with the exception of one tool, the GTXRasterCAD Plus "RESIZE" tool. The Resize tool changes
    the size of the raster work area.
    I have not found a similar "tool" or routine in AutoCAD Raster Design that does the same thing. Has anyone found a solution for resizing a raster work area
    using AutoCAD Raster Design?
    Tom Planer
    TEPCAD
    try ICROP its quick and just as simple as the GTX Raster CAD resize