Thread: How do you keep Interior Elevation tags from showing up in all floor plan views

Login to Give a bone

Default How do you keep Interior Elevation tags from showing up in all floor plan views

Hello Revit users!

I need to tug on the brain stems of all you smart people to solve a problem I have been dealing with for some time. I am creating a construction documents in Revit Architecture 2014 and have many floor plan views throughout a sizable project. I need to elevate the various curtain walls located throughout my project to include on my window / door frame schedule. I have created a "Working Floor Plan" that is kind of a catch all plan that will not be placed on a sheet but I wanted to use it as a place to hold all of my misc. tags that will not need to show up on the various floor plans. When I place an interior elevation tag on this plan to elevate the various things I need to get onto my plans the tag appears on all of the floor plan views. Is there a way to keep this from happening? I do not want to hide them by category as there are some of this type of tag that I do need to show up and if I do this by element I will be at it for hours! Is there some way to attach some type of filter to these tags to be able to sift through the ones I don't want to see and those I do?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Scott Tyler,AIA
    Project Architect
    Gries Architectural Group

All AUGI, all the time davidcobi's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How do you keep Interior Elevation tags from showing up in all floor plan views

Create elevation view types for exterior, interior, etc. Then create view filters for your plan view templates that filter out elevation tags by view type.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How do you keep Interior Elevation tags from showing up in all floor plan views

Make an elevation type called "Curtain Wall Elevations." Then create a view template that is applied by default to these views. The key item within the properties is to set the "hide at scales coarser than" to something like 1/4" so that they'd don't show up in any of your typical floor plans.

As a side note, I'll typically stay away from using curtain walls for glazing that is repeated around a building. Instead, use custom window families. Revit handles the info within window families much better than in curtain walls. I have some generic storefront windows that act as templates for making this process easy.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

The easy way is to turn them off in vg settings. If using view templates you can have them turned off there.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

This was a helpful solution for me too, thanks. I had some englarged bathroom plans, and wanted interior elevations to show up there but not in overall construction plan. I simply selected each elevation marker number and in properties made the " hide at scales courser than" and made it 1/4" (or whatever you need). and that worked.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by matt793585 View Post
    This was a helpful solution for me too, thanks. I had some englarged bathroom plans, and wanted interior elevations to show up there but not in overall construction plan. I simply selected each elevation marker number and in properties made the " hide at scales courser than" and made it 1/4" (or whatever you need). and that worked.
    Glad to hear this helped.
    I use view templates a lot, one of the most powerful reasons to have view templates is you can control lots of settings for that type of view, including scale, view range, detail level, what you can and cant see etc, and have all the same type of views using that template.
    So in your case I would be simply turning off elevation tags for "interior elevations" (using a common template for those views).