Thread: More control of the Hidden lines in MEP Settings when Phasing is used

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default More control of the Hidden lines in MEP Settings when Phasing is used

Summary: Getting a desired plan set is difficult to do with 1 group of setting for hidden lines for All MEP Systems. We need more control for Inside and outside gap either per discipline or per view.

Description: I would like to suggest that Revit allow me control of the inside and outside gap in the display setting of the view template or view properties. I would at least like to be able to turn off the Outside Gap or set it to 0 on my view where my phasing has an override for demolition and my outside gap is obstructing all the fitting, pipe, and ducts that have been disconnected due to the demo command.

(alternately I would suggest that you keep the system together when demo'd but am sure this would make it more complex than it needs. Of course there is always an end to deal with )

Again allowing me to adjust the Inside and outside gap within the display options would help me out the most especially if I am able to set it to 0 and use it with view templates

Product and Feature: Revit MEP - Annotation Tools

Submitted By: Steve Saltsman on 05/13/2014

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: More control of the Hidden lines in MEP Settings when Phasing is used

These are great suggestions and I don't understand why they haven't been addressed. MEP Settings masking is the one control that has way to much power over the drawings from 1/8" to 1/4" with no good way other then printing in one and changing a global setting to print the rest, this is unacceptable. This needs to be built into the view templates. Also I would love to see systems get their own VG tab, instead of having to add filters or use worksets for piping systems. The parameters are already there its just a visability option.