Thread: Vie in ceiling view not floor plan view - oh and no face based or ceiling base

Where reference planes have Defines Origin checked
    Login to Give a bone

Default Vie in ceiling view not floor plan view - oh and no face based or ceiling base

Here is my problem, I put in drop cords for a kitchen design and I have a family that works except for one thing - I can't turn off the ceiling plate outline in the floor plan.
    We do not create the ceilings but have to use the linked arch model so I can't guarantee that a ceiling will always be there or that it will stay in the same place. I want to show the plate outline in the ceiling view but not the floor plan. In the floor plan I have a center line with circles showing how many drops are at that spot. This allows me to move them as necessary behind islands. I have my visibility for elevations working well.
    Any ideas?
    I have tried detail lines to outline the plate as well as just turning on the plate. Because I have the vertical invisible line to cut the family in floor plan it wants to get the plate outline no matter what.
    Stumped in Tennessee.

All AUGI, all the time CADastrophe's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Vie in ceiling view not floor plan view - oh and no face based or ceiling base

Can you put the ceiling plate on a Subcategory and then turn that Subcategory off in your Plan Views?

Where reference planes have Defines Origin checked
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Vie in ceiling view not floor plan view - oh and no face based or ceiling base

Quote Originally Posted by CADastrophe View Post
    Can you put the ceiling plate on a Subcategory and then turn that Subcategory off in your Plan Views?
    Nope - I have to let the arch see it in my file when linked into theirs. I just taught the arch about worksets last week - sub categories might drown them.
    If I did not have that invisible line in it I wonder if it would still work. The lowest drop is at 3' every time.
    Gonna have to try that when I can get back to family counseling and not production work. I will let you know.