Thread: CUI Images - Dark & Light

Login to Give a bone

Default CUI Images - Dark & Light

How is everyone managing their dark & light theme icons for AutoCAD 2015? I created a partial CUI file for loading for my company. My gut right now is to make my updates, and rename it to be known that it's for light themes. Then, duplicate it, and rename it for dark themes, and update all of the icons.

Is there a better way? I read something about DLLs to process this, but I don't know programming. I can follow along and make inferences based on what I see when provided an explanation, but I wouldn't understand the logic.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CUI Images - Dark & Light

sbrennan,

How did that work for you? I'm debating the whole "use light" (to work with all our old icons) or "go dark" (and have to create alternate versions of all of them).

What did you decide?

Thanks!

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Create the icons with the CUI as in http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/20...7-4E90C8129E63
    The (background) default color is transparent. The Erase button resets the color of one square at a time to the default color.

For bitmaps take a look at http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autoca...t/true#M123278

Login to Give a bone

Yeah, use transparent backgrounds. I had heck of a time with this rebuilding our 2015 menus. A couple of tips:
    Be sure to turn off any type of antialiasing to help keep the icons cleaner
    If you have to swap out icons from the CUI editor, be sure to rename it to a new name, seemed to have a hard time updating the .DLL if the image had the same name.
    I had no luck with the internal icon editor, the eraser did not function as the above poster mentioned.
    background colors for light are 240,240,240
    background colors for dark are 92,92,92
    When they got to Palettes, they give the option to use "Light" or "Dark" icons, which makes things 10x easier.

9 times out of 10 the problem was with the "transparent" background. Saving the file using paint.net as a .PNG (free graphic editor, MUCH better than MS Paint)
    Be sure to override the background opacity to 0, and erase everything on the background layer.
    Select the "Foreground" of your icon, CTRL C it, then using the Edit Menu, "Paste to new layer".
    Now when you save the file as a .PNG it "SHOULD" retain the transparent background.
    I had the most trouble with this over anything.