Thread: Saves dwg files slow,,,changes layers slow

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Saves dwg files slow,,,changes layers slow

Hey guys, Im running 2015 acad. I have a brand new machine, win7pro. My machine was built especially for Cad.

Recently Acad has been running slow when trying to save drawings and I have noticed it get hung up for a few seconds when try to change layers.

I downloaded process monitor and i see some things continuously running in the background. I have know ideal what they are nor do I know how to fix it or if it is even a problem.

I made a screen shot of the process monitor. Could you please take a look and tell me what you think. Could this be my problem? How do I fix it?
    Attached Files Attached Files

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Saves dwg files slow,,,changes layers slow

sorry this .pdf is bad. never tried to make a screen shot. i will try and get something better after lunch

Quote Originally Posted by jdcincy View Post
    Hey guys, Im running 2015 acad. I have a brand new machine, win7pro. My machine was built especially for Cad.

Recently Acad has been running slow when trying to save drawings and I have noticed it get hung up for a few seconds when try to change layers.

I downloaded process monitor and i see some things continuously running in the background. I have know ideal what they are nor do I know how to fix it or if it is even a problem.

I made a screen shot of the process monitor. Could you please take a look and tell me what you think. Could this be my problem? How do I fix it?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

heres another screen shot

MONITOR 1.jpg

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jdcincy View Post
    Your screenshot of process monitor shows a known issue.
    Here is how I solved it for XREFSTATE for 2013: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...=1#post1200789 & http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCA...E/td-p/3467052
    Can't say if that will work for 2015 yet, or how to "fix" it for the other items it's looking for.
    I really don't think this is causing a tremendous performance hit though, because I did not see any increase in speed after getting this nonsense to stop.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

thank you for taking time to respond. i think you will be correct in stating that this prob. wont fix the slowness i experience when i try to save or change layers. I will keep digging to try and find the core issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Your screenshot of process monitor shows a known issue.
    Here is how I solved it for XREFSTATE for 2013: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...=1#post1200789 & http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCA...E/td-p/3467052
    Can't say if that will work for 2015 yet, or how to "fix" it for the other items it's looking for.
    I really don't think this is causing a tremendous performance hit though, because I did not see any increase in speed after getting this nonsense to stop.