Thread: "Break line" command in ACAD 2004

Login to Give a bone

Default "Break line" command in ACAD 2004

In detailing our drawings we remember a "breakline" command that use to offset center lines by user input at the command prompt. The inefficient way we are doing it now is by using grips and moving each line back .063 where it touches the center mark.

Attached is a sample of what we like to see as a final drawing to submit to Doc Control.

Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Break line" command in ACAD 2004

I am quite confused here.
    Were the 4 lines between holes "A" supposed to be connected with all center crosses?
    If that's the case and I was doing this, I'd erase the lines between holes and make new ones with osnap set to endpoint. That would be a bit faster than grips.
    Breakline command in Express Tools makes this --------/\/--------- kind of line as far as I know.
    Break command breaks the line in two or makes a gap in the line.

Login to Give a bone

I am quite confused here.
    Were the 4 lines between holes "A" supposed to be connected with all center crosses?
    If that's the case and I was doing this, I'd erase the lines between holes and make new ones with osnap set to endpoint. That would be a bit faster than grips.
    Breakline command in Express Tools makes this --------//--------- kind of line as far as I know.
    Break command breaks the line in two or makes a gap in the line
    Yes. I think. What we are trying to do is create a set of holes in a baseplate. We then insert center marks. We then draw center lines from center mark to center mark. We are then utilizing grips to grap the end point and stretch the line back .063" or whatever.

I am looking for away to snap the center lines to the intersection of the center mark, an have it automatically start .063" or .125" away from where I snap too.

Jack

Login to Give a bone

...so, you don't want them to be connected to the center crosses? You want to start the line 0.063 from the endpoint of the center cross and finish 0.063 off the next center cross. Am I right?
    If I am, a simple LISP routine could do just that. Do you have many of these cases to correct?

Login to Give a bone

Yes, Almost every time we create an assembly drawing we have to do this. That would be at least 20 drawings a day.

Login to Give a bone

Jack,
    here is the lisp routine that will do what you want (attached).
    Just load the routine, type > gap <, set the offset distance and go. It will run continuously, making line after line untill you press > Enter <.
    Let me know how it goes.
    You can also contact me at paulmcz@yahoo.com.
    Paul.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

You could also consider putting a wipeout in your symbol block, then using draworder to make sure your symbol is on top of the center lines. This would look exactly the same, but would have the added advantage that the centerlines will actually end at the node point, not .063" away from the node point. This would make selections easier, and also make the length of the centerlines equal the distance between the points (if this is something you care about). Also, if you should later decide you want a wider or narrower gap, you could just edit the size of the wipeout in the block, and it would instantaneously be changed everywhere in your drawing.