Thread: Pipe tee adds transitions along straight pipe instead of at the branch

Login to Give a bone

Default Pipe tee adds transitions along straight pipe instead of at the branch

So, I'm trying to fix a pipe tee family. when i load it into a project and set up the routing preferences, it works fine until i try attaching a smaller pipe at a right-angle to the main pipe to generate a tee.

Basically, what i want is for the tee (an equal tee, non-reducing) to appear, followed by one transition at the branch before the start of the smaller branching pipe.

HOWEVER, what i get instead is reducers appearing on both straight ends of the tee, and the smaller pipe connecting directly to the tee.

If i use the generic tee, i don't get this issue, but it only seems to affect my tees (and those of my colleagues, apparently). Is there any way to fix this? I have attached an image below (generic model on top, which is the ideal arrangement of the fitting, and my own family being used below with the wrong arrangement)

How do i get only 1 transition to connect to the branch, and not the main straight ends of the tee?
    Elbow transition placement.PNG

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Pipe tee adds transitions along straight pipe instead of at the branch

never mind, i fixed it. the pipe tee had 2 parameters for the diameters even though it was equal (i'm assuming the creator wanted to make a reducing tee from this same family later)