Thread: exporting from 3dsMax to Navisworks 2015 with textures materials (jpg files) - textures not displayed

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy exporting from 3dsMax to Navisworks 2015 with textures materials (jpg files) - textures not displayed

I used Navisworks 2013, which was a convenient tool for a quick and easy real time walktrough with occlusions, gravity and so activated. I export my model from 3DSMax to NWC file, most time for checking the hypothesis of reconstruction, and a few seconds later, it's available - and easy to use for non skilled researchers in musicology or literature... I am rebuilding 3d models of court theatres after remains, drawings, paintings, so it's the most convenient tool I have find last years. BUT ... I am now unable to display in Naviswks 2015 a model with the textures (i-e jpg files from scans or pics applied to objects and shapes). Everything works fine, excepted this main point. The help online is so short ... tells that a user's library adsklib can be used, but I unable to find the way it works. I only succeeded to create a file ... empty, that's all. No idea how to put in this library the materials from the 3ds scene ...
    Second point, I am unable to install the plug-in export for Navisworks cache in my new installe 3dsMax 2015. But both plug-ins 2013 and 2015 work in my old 3dsMax ...

Two inconenients: 1) I have to set a protocol for Digital Humanities in Theatre Research, and the very least is to set a long time pipe line process ... And 2) I use the student/educator license, which lasts only 3 years ... So I have to find a way out when it will be non valid ...

If someone has an idea how to make navisworks display a textured moel built in 3ds ...
    Ps the textures are only diffuse color or both diffuse color and opacity (a black and white mask for displaying fretted shapes (basically a rectangular shape)

Thanks Dominique

Certifiable AUGI Addict dhurtubise's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: exporting from 3dsMax to Navisworks 2015 with textures materials (jpg files) - textures not displayed

Did you try exporting to FBX?