Thread: Acceleration and dynamic view settings decrese performance to unworkable levels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Acceleration and dynamic view settings decrese performance to unworkable levels

Hello to all, I'm a newbie and ready for my first lesson

I'm "working" with robot2014, on a Intel quad2.4GHz with 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon R7 200 series

The problem started when my bars disappeared, became invisible (but still existing in the model). Turned on/off everything I could find in display settings to no effect.
    Started trolling the forums and found the solution in the post right on top of the list. Turn off acceleration in view parameters.

However, turning off acceleration results in the insane lag when panning and rotating the model consisting of 1 bar element (takes 10 sec to update the pan). I should say that turning on dynamic view helps improve the performance. This is confusing

My experience has shown that when things don't work like they should It's 99.99% due to the lack of knowledge of the user...

Help me understand the issues I'm experiencing better so that I may resolve them.

Thank you for your time and knowledge

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Acceleration and dynamic view settings decrese performance to unworkable levels

Quote Originally Posted by byk3bep670743 View Post
    Hello to all, I'm a newbie and ready for my first lesson

I'm "working" with robot2014, on a Intel quad2.4GHz with 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon R7 200 series

The problem started when my bars disappeared, became invisible (but still existing in the model). Turned on/off everything I could find in display settings to no effect.
    Started trolling the forums and found the solution in the post right on top of the list. Turn off acceleration in view parameters.

However, turning off acceleration results in the insane lag when panning and rotating the model consisting of 1 bar element (takes 10 sec to update the pan). I should say that turning on dynamic view helps improve the performance. This is confusing

My experience has shown that when things don't work like they should It's 99.99% due to the lack of knowledge of the user...

Help me understand the issues I'm experiencing better so that I may resolve them.

Thank you for your time and knowledge
    Some sequence of troubleshooting:

Have you tried all acceleration settings shown below? The setting shown on the screen capture is the default one.
    acceleration.png
    If none of these works have you tried to update the driver? After the update recommended to check various accelerations again.

If it does not work has you computer only this graphic card or there is also some embedded, simpler graphic adapter on the motherboard. If it exists try to switch to use this one by Robot - it should be possible to change in AMD Catalyst Control Center.

If no dual graphic card you can try to change some setting of your AMD Radeon R7 200 series card. As I know it is an advanced card and changing some settings may result in improving its functioning in Robot. Unfortunately I have no access to such card to check and give more detailed recommendations

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Acceleration and dynamic view settings decrese performance to unworkable levels

Quote Originally Posted by pawel.pulak View Post
    Some sequence of troubleshooting:

Have you tried all acceleration settings shown below? The setting shown on the screen capture is the default one.
    acceleration.png
    If none of these works have you tried to update the driver? After the update recommended to check various accelerations again.

If it does not work has you computer only this graphic card or there is also some embedded, simpler graphic adapter on the motherboard. If it exists try to switch to use this one by Robot - it should be possible to change in AMD Catalyst Control Center.

If no dual graphic card you can try to change some setting of your AMD Radeon R7 200 series card. As I know it is an advanced card and changing some settings may result in improving its functioning in Robot. Unfortunately I have no access to such card to check and give more detailed recommendations
    For hadware acceleration you should you use exactly the settings that Pawel described on the image, any higher (slider moved to right side) settings may not be correctly working with your hardware.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Acceleration and dynamic view settings decrese performance to unworkable levels

Thx for your input guys, I appreciate it

I set it up as it is indicated on the picture, and everything is working like a dream

Wont go about tinkering with the v.card settings just yet since I don't have a clue, and there is a motherboard integrated card, I will have your idea in mind if any problems arise.

Still wondering what was the deal with the disappearing elements but oh well... Maybe some other day I figure it out.

Thx again for the help, now I know who to ask next time

cheers